How much is LGV/HGV Training?
This page is here to answer just that. You will find the price, a brief overview and a link to the relevant page of the website where more details on that stage can be found.
Medical & Theory Tests – £175
These are covered by our LGV Starter Package for just £175. Purchasing/arranging each element yourself could easily total £270!
You will receive:
- Provisional Licence application form D2
- Digital Tachograph Card application form
- A medical booked on your behalf (as much as £150 with some doctors)
- DSA LGV Theory Test Book
- DSA Hazard Perception DVD
- DSA Guide to Driving Goods Vehicles Book
- Highway Code Book
- Multiple Choice Theory Test booked on your behalf (£35)
- Hazard Perception Theory Test Test booked on your behalf (£15)
Category C1 – from £515
C1 training is charged at £40/hr with a practical test fee of £115. We find the best method for this type of training is to take the candidate for a 4 hour assessment (£160) and advise an additional number of hours to come to test standard forming the course.
Alternatively, if you are a confident person who has experience in driving large vans, are able to receive instruction and reapply it well – a 10 hour course may be adequate for you priced at just £515 including the practical test fee.
Full details are available on the main Category C1 Training page.
Category C – from £812.50
We run 3 lengths of Category C course and all prices include the practical test fee of £115.
- 15 Hours – £812.50 (Experienced Category C1 7.5t driver)
- 16 Hours – £859 (Experienced Category C1 7.5t driver)
- 20 Hours – £1045 (Little/No Category C1 7.5t experience)
Category C+E – from £925
We run 3 lengths of Category C+E course and all prices include the practical test fee of £115.
- 15 Hours – £925 (Experienced Category C Driver)
- 16 Hours – £979 (Experienced Category C Driver)
- 20 Hours – £1195 (Little/No Category C experience)
Driver CPC Initial Qualification – £245
If you passed your car test after 1/1/97 then you will more than likely be required to complete this qualification.
You will receive:
- Learning material for theory test (Case Studies)
- Theory test booked on your behalf
- Learning material for practical test (Vehicle Safety Demonstration)
- 4 Hours ’1 to 1′ instructor/vehicle time (pre-practical training and test time)
- Use of a vehicle for practical test
- Practical test booked on your behalf
Driver CPC Periodic Training
This is the 35 hours training that must be completed every 5 years in order to remain a professional LGV/HGV driver. 7 Hour Modules are £75 and 35 Hour Courses are £325 – group booking discounts are available.
Full details are available on the main Periodic Training page.